Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights however please read carefully before using the website.
Central Electrical Contracts Limited, trading as Lighting R Us, was registered within England and our registration number is 6496883. The term ‘Lighting R Us’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 40 Wolverhampton Road, Codsall, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV8 1PJ. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
These terms and conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
All products conform to British and EN standards.
Dimensions and wattages are given as a guide only to assist the consumer
Description and finishes are given as a guide only to assist the consumer
Please click here to view our Delivery Policy.
- Refunds carry a 14 working day money back guarantee for unwanted/unsuitable items.
- Refunds carry a 28 working day money back guarantee for faulty/damaged items.
- The item cannot have been installed or modified in any way.
- A refund will be subject to the item being returned in its original condition, with all the labels intact and in its original packaging, complete with lamps and other parts supplied.
Please click here to view our full Returns Policy
- Unwanted items are to be returned within 14 working days of receiving your order.
Faulty/damaged items are to be returned within 28 working days of receiving your order.
- We are unable to accept items returned to us after this timeframe.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
In the event that the item is damaged or faulty you are required to contact us within 28 working days of receipt.
Faulty or damaged goods will be replaced or refunded in full.
Lighting R Us will not be liable for any costs incurred due to faulty goods or shortages such as electricians fees, time taken from place of employment etc.
All products supplied by lightingrus.co.uk (with the exception of light bulbs) carry a 12 month warranty valid from the date of purchase.
- All LED fittings with integrated bulbs and LED bulbs carry a 48 month warranty. Please note this warranty is for the LED light source itself, the actual fitting only holds a 12 month warranty.
In the event of a fault occurring during the 12 month warranty the item will be repaired or replaced according to the nature of the fault.
The warranty will be void if the item is to be considered to have been fitted or used incorrectly or used for a purpose it is not intended for.
A qualified electrician must install all products supplied.
Note: Incorrect installation can deem warranty void.
Liability will not be accepted for any personal damages such as electrocution due to improper use.
Your statutory rights will not be affected.
lightingrus.co.uk respects your privacy.
Information collected is required solely for the purpose of processing orders and enquiries.
We do not sell or disclose any information to third parties.
Personal/Company information will be used in accordance with the UK Data Protection guidelines.
lightingrus.co.uk do not store any payment details
All prices are in British Pounds and are inclusive of VAT
We reserve the right to adjust the VAT if this changes
Value Added Tax is at 20% in line with current UK Legislation
- At Lighting R Us, we make every effort to price match prices on any ecommerce website*
- Please note: we cannot price match eBay, Amazon, or Wayfair.
- *By ecommerce website, we mean a website that is a legitimate retailer of lighting.
- This does not include any website that is part of an electrical wholesaler or distributor.
Payment for all products must be by major credit or debit cards, or a valid PayPal account.
Our online store uses credit/debit cards processing with Stripe and PayPal for our online transactions.
Payment will be taken at time of order.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
- It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products listed on lightingrus.co.uk may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a product’s correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the product to you.
- If a product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our website, we will either, at our discretion, contact you for instructions before dispatch, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection.
- We are under no obligation to provide the goods to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
- Discounts are subject to certain collections only.
- Sale items are excluded from discount codes as they are already discounted, unless stated otherwise.
- All shades and light bulbs are excluded from discount.
At Lighting R Us we operate a complaints procedure, which we use to handle disputes, at our best efforts, as quickly as we possibly can.
Please let us know if you have a complaint or comment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or ring the store on 01902 757825.
Please note, our email address is spam protected.
A member of our customer service team will contact you regarding your complaint within 7 working days.
Lighting R Us, Unit 1A Walton Works Ind. Estate, Macrome Road, Alderlsey, Wolverhampton, WV6 9HD
Last Updated: 30-03-2017