Class 2 lighting or double insulated is a type of lighting which does not require an earth cable. Therefore, in areas where there is risk of electric shock, such as bathrooms and kitchens, this lighting is much safer. Class 2 lighting is often used in outdoor applications also, such as garden and street lighting.
What are the benefits of Class 2 Lighting?
- Safety: As it doesn’t use an earth cable, Class 2 lighting is safer to use than other types of lighting. So, even if the lighting is damaged or faulty, there is less risk of an electric shock.
- Versatility: Suitable for areas where there is a risk of electric shock i.e., kitchens and bathrooms, Class 2 lighting can be used in a wide variety of spaces, including indoor and outdoor settings.
- Energy efficiency: As Class 2 lights use less power to operate and have a longer lifespan, they are more energy efficient than other types of lighting.
What Class 2 Lighting fixtures are available?
- Ceiling lights: Available in a wide variety of styles to suit any décor, Class 2 ceiling lights are a popular choice for indoor lighting. Others include- Bar Pendants, Flush Ceiling Lights & Cluster Pendant Lights
- Wall lights: As they are splash-proof, Class 2 wall lights are ideal for use in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Outdoor lights: Available in a variety of styles from spotlights to floodlights or bollard lighting, Class 2 outdoor lights are perfect for illuminating gardens, patios, and driveways.
Good to know – Class 2 Lighting
• Application: Where will your lights be used? Choose splash-proof lights for your kitchen or bathroom. For use outdoors, you’ll need to choose lights that are weather-resistant.
• Style: Class 2 Lighting are a great choice when it comes to complimenting the style of your home or garden, as they are available in a broad range of styles.
• Brightness: If you are using the lights for task lighting, such as in a kitchen or bathroom, you should choose brighter lights. You should use dimmer lights, if you desire ambient lighting.
Class 2 lighting is not only safe but versatile, and energy efficient. Perfect for lighting your home and garden. When choosing Class 2 lighting, consider the location, style and brightness of the lights, ensuring you choose the right lights for your space.
- Dar Lighting MYA0138 Mya 1 Light Single Pendant Polished Nickel Glass£62.16
- Dar Lighting LYC0322 Lycia 3 Light Bar Pendant Matt Black Ombre Smoked Glass£167.16
- Dar Lighting LYC0122 Lycia 1 Light Semi Flush Matt Black Ombre Chrome Plate Smoked Glass£49.56
- Dar Lighting EDM0150 Edmond 1 Light Single Pendant Polished Chrome Ribbed Glass£69.72
- Laura Ashley LA3742272-Q Grace Painted Patterned Glass 1 Light Table Lamp with Shade£175.00
- Dar Lighting AW20 CAR0135 Cara 1 Light Antique Gold Pendant Ceiling Light£100.80